Exciting news: Graduate Students presenting papers on American topics (broadly defined) at the History of Science Society Annual Meeting are invited to apply for travel assistance funding from the Forum for the History of Science in America. The Forum will be awarding one grant of $250.00 (USD) to assist with the cost of traveling to and attending the meeting.
To apply, please submit the following:
- The title/panel/abstract for the paper being presented.
- A brief statement indicating:
- whether or not the applicant has additional or alternative sources of travel funds ( e.g. departmental support);
- whether the applicant has presented papers at previous HSS meetings;
- estimated cost of transportation to the meeting (e.g. airfare).
The successful candidate will be presented with the award at the Forum’s Annual Business meeting normally held during the lunch hour on the Friday of the Conference. Please send your application materials via email to Professor Gwen Kay (email@example.com)by August 31, 2011.