- It’s Ig Nobel Prize season!
- Hawaii’s deepest geological secret.
- Edward Snowden tells Neil deGrasse Tyson that because of encryption, humans won’t be able to tell alien communications from random noise.
- The price of a 62-year-old drug has just risen 5450%, for what appear to be purely rent-seeking reasons.
- There has to be a great STS story behind the revelation that Vokswagen has been programming its diesel engines to trick emissions testers.
- Posters from the golden age of cosmonauts.
- Black holes, scientific theories, and rapid death spirals.