- We’re sad to report the passing of the eminent Early Modernist historian, Lisa Jardine.
- A new approach to federal heart research funding: raise the peaks and archive the valleys.
- New digital humanities project allowing you to “explore the early modern social network”–Six Degrees of Francis Bacon.
- Why we have no f***ing idea how to computationally simulate a human brain.
- The galaxy that got too big: why bigger isn’t always better.
- On galaxies and stars, a beautiful article on the most mysterious star in our galaxy.
- Better living through venom?
- Paul Kedrosky’s sociology of engineering explanation of one of our favorite subjects, the VW emissions scandal.
- And finally, we had a wonderful time at the 2015 Joint Atlantic Seminar for the History of Medicine, and Evan wrote a round-up of his time at this year’s SHOT in the land of Breaking Bad.