- Secret laboratories, destroyed samples, doctored tests: the World Anti-Doping Agency’s report on Russian athletics is so, so juicy.
- Relativity vs. quantum mechanics, round N+1. Also, here’s MIT’s Dave Kaiser on the politics of general relativity.
- Former American Science Blogger Henry Cowles is co-editor of a Focus section in the latest Isis on “Bounded Rationality and the History of Science.”
- Cool maps of the series of tubes that make up the Internet.
- Before Kurt Vonnegut was Kurt Vonnegut, he worked for General Electric.
- Revenge of the nerds: scientific celebrity financed by tech billionaires.
- Helen Macdonald on mushrooms, particularly the legendary Cambridge History and Philosophy of Science annual Fungus Hunt.
- And all you Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home fans (for non-fans, that’s the one where the crew has to save the whales) will be excited that transparent aluminum is now a real thing.