- Britain’s (the world’s?) most important historic laboratory is under threat. Save the Cavendish!
- For $79 you can help Kickstart some graphic designers’ reprint of a NASA visual standards manual from the 1970s—the one with the “worm” logo.
- Scientists and the pro- and anti-GM lobbies. “If you spend enough time with skunks, you start to smell like one.”
- A new paper in Nature estimates there are 7 trillion trees in the world.
- As quickly as you can, check out these three great essays on the technologies of speed, via technology’s stories.
- Bring back serifs, Sarah Larson tells Google, and “we’ll be that much likelier to let your self-driving cars drive us around.”